Benefits of Bodywork
What are the Benefits of Massage?
- Stimulates circulation providing nutrients & oxygen essential for healing
- Stimulates lymphatic system which enhances immune response
- Reduces cortisone & norepinephrine levels (stress hormones) to decrease anxiety and promote relaxation.
- Increases serotonin levels, important for maintaining a healthy mood and for improved sleep.
- Improves joint and muscle function & flexibility
- Facilitates recovery of injuries & chronic pain
- Enhances athletic recovery & performance
- Increases energy levels and body awareness
- Improves posture
- Prevents new injuries
How massage helps
Theraputic massage helps the body recover from the stresses of strenuous exercise or lack of.
The physiological benefits of massage include improved blood and lymph circulation, muscle relaxation,and general relaxation.
These in turn lead to removal of waste products and better cell nutrition, normalization and greater elasticity of tissues.
Massage allows us to come back to ourselfs, it is then that we can tune in to our bodys and physical needs.
By finding yourself in time and space will allow your spirit to recieve the nurturing of touch.